Tips to Cut Down on Electricity
There is no doubt that the general temperature in our beloved state has been on the steady increase in the recent years. To make matters worse it is only going to get worse. As good a solution ‘AC’s and coolers are’ let us take a look at few simple solutions for those who do not have its luxury.
- Keep it Dark: Its always a good choice to make sure the burning sun’s rays do not reach our house hold. So try to close the binders and curtains. Of course remember to open all the windows to let in the cool breeze in.
- Cotton is the answer: Forget silk and velvet on your skin. Go for cotton clothes and bed covers.
- Leave the door open: Not any door, but the rest room, the wet floors will assist in decreasing the temperature.
- The Fridge is not your ally: As provocative as it would be to keep opening the refrigerator for a cold beverage, the constant use of it would increase the motor function and slowly but surely increase the temperature of your household.
- Life Hack: Have a bucket of water and place it at the foot of the curtains, the curtains would absorb the water and the breeze would do the rest and this ensures a cool room.
- Change the lights: As negligible as you might believe, changing the lights of your household to LED’s and fluorescent lamps when compared to traditional lighting methods will have a drastic change in the temperature as well